For waist trainers, the most important measurement is that of the waist. The waist should be measured at the narrowest part of the torso, typically above the belly button. Please follow the below instructions to ensure you get the most accurate measurements.
You will need:
A flexible measuring tape or non-stretchy string and a ruler.
1. Remove or raise clothing. Remove your shirt or raise to just below your chest. To get an accurate measurement, you need to remove any layers of clothing blocking your waist.
2. Find your waist. Use your fingers to find the top of your hips and the base of your rib cage. Your waist is the soft, fleshy section between these two bony parts. It will also be the narrowest part of your torso.
3. Take your measurement. Stand up straight and exhale slowly. Hold the end of the tape measure at your navel and bring it around your waist to the front. The measuring tape should be parallel to the floor and fit snugly around your torso without digging into your skin.
4. Read the tape. Look at the place on the tape where the zero end meets the other end of the tape measure. The location of this meeting point is your waist measurement.
5. Double-check your measurement. Repeat the measurement once more to ensure the accuracy of your original measurement. If it is different from the first time, measure for a third time and take the average of the three numbers.
The secondary measurement that can be taken into account before ordering a waist trainer is that of the hips. The hips should be measured around the widest part of the butt.
Now your Ready to order your Waist Cincher
Note: If you notice a discrepancy when looking at the sizing chart for the waist trainer you wish to order between the waist and hip size, your waist size should always take precedence.